Sunday, 9 October 2011

Day 48-49 Cape Broome (again)


It’s been a long delay in blogging. What can I say, I’m on holiday....
We have one day left in Broome before starting the long trip down the West Coast. We start the day with a trip to what are purported to be dinosaur footprints in the rocks on the coast. We have to go at low-tide so it means an early wake up and drive to the rocky coast. When we arrive we realise there are no signs indicating how to find said prints. All we can see is a mass of tourists walking around staring at various indentations in the rocks and allowing their imagination to picture a dinosaur. Very entertaining. The rest of the day we spend shopping, cleaning and getting ready to leave in the morning. Sarah promised the kids a camel ride along the beach at sunset so we make our way down at the appointed time. I’m struggling to see why camel rides on the beach have become a Broome institution. There are at least three companies with about 20 camels lined up, attached by ropes. They sit waiting the riders and then they struggle to their feet and walk about 500 metres down the beach before turning and returning to the starting point. I’m the designated photographer but the kids seem to have a good time. We watch another glorious sunset and get ready to head south. Tomorrow 80 Mile Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment