Friday, 2 September 2011

Day 31 Katherine Gorge- Kununurra



I was going to skip writing about today because it’s boring. Another drive, more school, movies etc. Boring, boring boring. However, today is the first of the Boab trees. They look like a tree from another planet. Seriously. There should be little green men congregating around each of these trees. The trees are native to parts of Africa, the Middle East and Australia. They have adapted to their harsh desert climes by storing water in a huge, bulbous trunk. I read that they can store up to 120,000 litres in their trunks and they can live to be 1,500 years old. So, I reckon that’s worth writing about. We make it to Kununurra, meet up with some of the families we have been traveling with the last few weeks and begin plans to see Australia’s inland sea. Tomorrow, Lake Argyle

No comments:

Post a Comment