Monday, 5 September 2011

Monday 5 September

Today was a very quiet day and I was not going to write a blog but thought some (female!) readers might be interested to hear how "school" is going as we spent about 2 hours on it this morning. The day started well as I made french toast for breakfast. From there things started going downhill! "School" is not a favourite time for the children. Up til now we have only done it while in the car and we have a captive audience. Very hard when there are better things on offer outside the van! I can say Jas wrote a lengthy piece on Lake Argyle during which there were numerous sessions of daydreaming, two bowls of cereal, a carrot and multiple times she had to be told to sit not lie and she could find any excuse to go outside.....needless to say my frustration level was fairly high. In the same time Em managed a project comparing and contrasting estuarine and freshwater crocodiles (inspired by Alice Muir on our recent catch up) and recorded an animal tally consulting people all over the caravan park (inspired by our friend Libby). Em was also excited to receive several emails from her class and she wrote an individual response for each and then tackled some mathletics while Jasmine continued to happily look into space. She lives in a happy place - wish I could escape there sometimes!! Jake had left the caravan in a huff but he got his work done independently in the afternoon while the girls swam. So my hat is off to people who home school- and I am glad I never contemplated a career in primary education. I admire all teachers!! We are all still waking fairly early but it seems quite strange that the sun is up by 5:30am and set by 5:30pm. Can't imagine what time the sunrises in December/January! As we move further west it should be a little easier. You have probably noticed the lack of photo's. Another technology problem I seem to be having. We have plenty of photo's but they don't seem to be downloading off the camera. Will add them when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment